Do you have a website but are not able to make sales? Are you getting very less people to sign up for your mailing list? If these problems sound familiar to you, then you need to convert your website traffic into leads. But how do you do that? Having a website but making no sales is like an individual doing window shopping at a physical store and not making any purchases.
It is a bit difficult and time-consuming to gain significant traffic to your website. Even more difficult is making sales from such traffic.
Well, in today’s article we will discuss steps to help you convert your website traffic into leads. We will discuss steps to boost conversions and drive more sales. This will improve the performance of your website.
So tighten your seat belts and prepare yourself for the take-off of your business.
To begin with, let us first look at the benefits of building a robust lead conversion process. For a business to survive, it is important to have a proper lead conversion process.
Steps to have an effective lead conversion process:
- Create quality content- Create content with catchy headings, and ample information because great content will establish your brand trust.
- Create an SEO strategy- Include SEO in your business strategies to rank higher over SERPs. Your website should have blogs and content with proper SEO tactics.
- Create an appealing landing page design- The landing page is an introduction to a website. A good landing page can generate leads for your business. Include images, videos, and a CTA button on your landing page. Ensure that your landing page is clickable and user-friendly.
- Create social media accounts- Social media is the best place to post your articles and blogs. Leverage social media to the advantage of your business. Promoting your business on social media can get you a wider customer base.
- Email marketing- Email marketing is a traditional marketing tool that improves sales. Customize your emails with relevant templates and attractive fonts. This can help you attract your target audience. Remind them on their special occasions with personal emails. Emails help inform the customer about your products and services.
11 Ways to Convert website traffic into leads:
- Target the right market- First, understand the market you are working in. Also, track the behaviour of your target audience. Use demographics and socio-economic data of your target audience. You can incentivize them to convert into leads.
- Use simple designs for your website- The design should be a combination of simplicity and elegance. This will provide a good user experience. Better the user experience, the better will be your website’s performance. This will lead to higher conversions.
- Categorise your leads- Segregate your leads into different categories. Use the data to know who is interested in buying your products and services. Focus on such leads who are interested in purchasing from your brand and study them in-depth. Understand their likes and dislikes. Use the data in creating an effective marketing strategy.
- Nurture your leads- You must nurture your leads once they convert. Address their queries as soon as possible. Please them with your hospitality and take their permission before sending them your brand offerings.
- Create email lists- Keep your communications alive with your target audiences. A good email list will boost your business strategy. Collect the email addresses of your target audiences and send each one of them a welcome email. The welcome email should introduce your brand in a short and precise way. Providing them with a sales opportunity will create an opportunity for them to get converted into customers.
- Use communication channels- Communicate with your target audiences using different marketing channels. Such channels may be emails or cold calling or even social media accounts. These channels can even increase your brand awareness.
- Create a CTA- Every blog post should have a CTA to guide the customer to take relevant action. Ask them to provide their email addresses and other contact details. Provide your contact number and let them know how you are available for any queries.
- Follow-up with your leads- Following up with your leads can help you stay connected with them. They will feel loved and cared for. Keep sending emails to them whenever possible. Make your target audiences know about your brand and your offerings.
- Showcase feedback from your happy customers- People trust businesses with positive feedback. A brand with good reviews is more preferred than others. Use your customer testimonials to your brand’s advantage.
- Check your bounce rate- During a campaign, a business tracks a huge amount of data. Bounce rate is one of such essential data that determines conversion. Examine the tone of your content. Check whether it is convincing enough to convert the traction.
- Analyse your data and refine when required- Check how your strategy goes with your KPIs. Cross-check with Google Analytics and see how people react to your website. Analyse the changing trends. Study your business strategies regularly and bring in any changes when and where required.
During the sales journey, you have to nurture your loyal customers. This will help you build a strong relationship with your customers. Check your lead conversion ratio and look at the progress. See where your brand is lacking in converting leads into customers. Work on your lead generation strategy and include necessary changes.